Over 100,000 high-resolution images from medical history are now available free from Wellcome Images, a project of our colleagues at the Wellcome Library. The digitized items range from an Egyptian prescription on papyrus...
...to twentieth-century HIV/AIDS awareness posters.
The images are all available under the Creative Commons attribution license (CC-BY), making them available for personal or commercial use free of charge, with an attribution to the Wellcome Library, London.
Friday, January 24, 2014
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
This year promises big changes for Historical Collections & Archives! In 2014 we are anticipating:
- The departure of our archivist, Karen Peterson. Karen is retiring later this year after 13 years of service, during which she built our archives program from the ground up
- Recruitment of a new archivist. Expect more information in spring!
- Development of a new service and outreach model for HC&A, including a staff position dedicated to public services
- Migration of our digital collections to a completely new platform, which will also allow us to create rich online exhibits, and a robust digital archives program.
- Reorganization of work space to enhance functionality for staff, while making our service areas more accommodating to the public