Thursday, January 31, 2013

HC&A Student Assistant on balancing jobs and library school

The Social Sciences Division of the Special Library Association profiled our student assistant, Amy Frazier, for a series of posts on graduate student experiences in library school. She and several other students provide insight into balancing work and school. Amy had this to say:
"I can’t imagine going through library school without a library job. I have genuinely learned at least as much from my work as I have from my courses; my education would be so much poorer without it. The capacity for real-world application, and the opportunity to learn from professional librarians in a living, working library, has totally transformed my time as a student."
The whole post is worth a read if you're in library school (or just considering it) and concerned about balancing a degree program with work and life.


No comments: