Monday, November 08, 2010

Turning a New Leaf

...while the others fall to the ground during Portland's autumn.

Thanks to andy in nyc for use of this image
I've been blogging for Historical Collections & Archives for the past two months and my (!) what I have learned and seen. But it's time for me to turn over this duty to our new History of Medicine Librarian, Maija Anderson. She's starting today and will be taking the reigns of Historical Notes from OHSU.

There were many topics that I wanted to address but the time has passed quickly. There's the North Pacific College of Dentistry materials we've received, the mystery skeleton skull sitting atop the antique piece of furniture just behind Karen's desk, and that orange jacketed book I can see from where I'm sitting right now: Observations in Midwifery.

I've a soft spot for special collections and archival material-- my first library job being technician in a library's Special Collections and Archives department. Here's hoping I get to contribute more to our History of Medicine and Archives collections in the future.

No comments: