Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks

Historical Collections & Archives will be closed Thanksgiving Day and Friday.

We have much to be thankful for here in the History of Medicine Room, but today I am feeling extra-thankful to our many casual donors who drop off treasures for our collections - just because they think it's important, and they want to do it. I'm thinking in particular of a faculty member who emailed us biographical material on a long-deceased surgeon, a resident who walked in with a set of antique syringes for our museum collection, and administrative staff who send us records of campus events.

On a personal note, I am deeply thankful to all the library employees who have helped ease my transition here - especially those who are still covering interim responsibilities, which I hope to relieve them of very soon! And special thanks to Sara Piasecki - not only for building such a great program in HC&A, but for leaving me so many helpful files and documentation of her work - otherwise I'd be lost without a compass.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: