Thursday, October 28, 2010

Treatise on the Science of Muscular Action

Here's another one from our historic book collection. A reprint of the 1794 Treatise on the Science of Muscular Action by John Pugh, Anatomist.


Invented by J. Pugh, for Illustrating the Utility of Muscular Action.
London. Published as the Act directs Jan.3.1793. by C. Dilly, Poultry
Drawn & Engraved by Kirk.


Here's a snippet from page 87:
Case III
From Col. Orchard, M.P.
Sir,
I cannot defer thank you for the benefit I have received from your excellent method of treating gouty persons who have been deprived of the use of their limbs.
I do with gratittude acknowledge that your muscular exercise has restored health, and the action of the muscles to myself and to many of my acquaintance.
If any persons are desirous of a more particular account, I shall be happy to be of any service to them and to you. I am, wishing you ever success,
Your obedient humble servant,
Paul Orchard
Chesterfield-street,

April 29, 1790

No comments: