Looking for images of the hospital facilities that would have been available to the Portland medical community in 1918 when the influenza pandemic struck, we assembled these photographs of:
Multnomah County Hospital (in its "pre-Hill" location at Second and Hooker Streets downtown, with 65 beds; this image in the Historical Image Collection)
St. Vincent Hospital (sometime after the 1895 move to Westover Road, with ca. 400 beds; this image from an undated scrapbook in our collections)
and Emanuel Hospital (sometime between 1915 and 1939, with 60 beds; this image from a history of the hospital written by Lew Hurd in 1939, and deposited in the PNW Archives Collection)
No wonder they had to convert Civic Auditorium into a makeshift hospital and erect tents in other city locations. A timeline of the influenza outbreak in Oregon is available from the DHS web site.