In the annual announcement for the 1924-25 session, we learn this about the institution's history:
"[North Pacific College of Oregon] was organized and received its charter from the State of Oregon as a school of dentistry in 1898.... In 1908 the scope of the college was enlarged and a department of pharmacy was created....The announcement for the 1929-30 session adds this fact:
"The rapid advance made by North Pacific College among the educational institutions of America is shown by the fact that over sixty-five percent of the entire student body come from outside of the State of Oregon, over half the American states and almost all Canadian provinces and several foreign countries being represented."
"The growth of the institution will be better appreciated by a comparison of the attendance of 18 students (the first year) in 1899 when the institution was exclusively a College of Dentistry, to more than 700 students of pharmacy and dentistry in attendance in 1922..."By 1941, however, the College had decided to focus its attention on dentistry alone and the pharmacy curriculum was discontinued, bringing to an end one of the earliest four-year pharmacy schools in the nation.